Due to COVID-19 we are working on the organisation of education starting in September and looking into if we can continue travelling to Enschede including the overnight stay. The information below is not up to date yet. As soon as the information is available, all students will be informed.
You regularly take practicals and tutorials (at least two consecutive days) at the University of Twente in Enschede. On this web page, you can read about the various options for overnight stays in Enschede. You will also find the dates for these overnight stays in the academic year 2019-2020 and the link to the preference form.
1. lodge on campus
The campus of the University of Twente offers accommodation in 7 lodges, located near the sports facilities. Each lodge has room for 10-15 students. You will share a lodge with a group of students from your year. We will keep male and female separate in the lodges. You will need to bring your own towel and bedding linen (sleeping bag/coverlet, pillowcase and fitted sheet). We offer you the option to rent bedding linen for an additional price of €8 per stay. The heating in the cabins is provided only to keep the cabins frost-free in the winter.
All bathroom facilities are housed in a separate building about 25 meters from the lodges. There are separate cubicles for ladies and gentlemen. There is a common room ('The Stall') next to the lodges where you can spend your evenings or have breakfast in the mornings. You have to arrange your own breakfast. There's a supermarket nearby. In the common room is a refrigerator for shared use, but there are no other kitchen facilities available. It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the lodges to campus building De Horst, where most of your lectures will be held.
- Price per night: €10,00 (no cash, only bank card) you pay per night directly to the university
- Optional: rent bedding linen for an additional €8,00 per stay
2. hotel on campus: U Parkhotel
The University of Twente has also made arrangements with a hotel on campus grounds: the U Parkhotel. This hotel is situated right at the centre of campus and close to all education and sports facilities including the university library and the pool. We have reserved several double and triple comfort rooms. You can also have breakfast and/or dinner at the hotel. From the U Parkhotel it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk to campus building De Horst.
- Double room: €39,75 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with one other student)
- Triple room: €35,70 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with two other students)
The above prices are excluding tax and administration costs, namely €1,30 per person per night.
Optional: breakfast buffet €13,50 per person per day (not included in the prices mentioned above).
The U Parkhotel has no availability in June 2020. You can opt for hotel de Broeierd on June 11.
3. hotel close to campus: Hotel de Broeierd
Another option is to stay at a hotel close to campus, Fletcher Hotel De Broeierd. Campus building De Horst is a ten-minute walk from this hotel, but you can also take a bus. There are various scheduled bus services that connect the buildings on campus with each other. We have reserved double and triple rooms at Fletcher Hotel De Broeierd. You can also have breakfast and/or dinner at this hotel.
- Double room: €37,00 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with one other student)
- Triple room: €23,50 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with two other students)
The above prices include tax and administration costs.
Optional: breakfast buffet: €10,00 per person per day (not included in the prices mentioned above). De Broeierd can also offer a special for dinner for €12,50 per person (for 15 students or more, €11,50 p.p.).
4. Other options: arrange your own stay
Of course you are free to make your own arrangements for overnight stays. You can, for example, make your own reservations for single-rooms at the hotels mentioned above, book an AirBnB in the city or spend the night with family or friends. This means the University will not book an overnight stay for you.
The lectures at the University of Twente in Enschede will be on Thursdays and Fridays.
Please note: the lectures on Thursday start at 10.45h and on Fridays at 8.45h. This means that you will travel to Enschede on Thursday morning and stay overnight on Thursday evening.
lecture dates in Enschede for semester 2
*U-Parkhotel has no availability in June 2020. You can opt for hotel De Broeierd on June 11th.
- In case of no show, there is no possibility of restitution of overnight stay costs unless you are faced with serious long term personal circumstances. In that case please contact the programme staff.
- If you have missed the payment deadline, reservations cannot be arranged by the UT anymore.
- If you want to stay an extra night at the UT (Wednesdays), you have to arrange an accommodation yourself.