You regularly take practicals and tutorials (at least two consecutive days) at the University of Twente in Enschede. On this web page you can read about the various options for overnight stays in Enschede. You will also find the dates for these overnight stays in academic year 2019-2020 and the link to the preference form.
Please submit the preference form before the 19th of August 2019, otherwise we can't guarantee a place to stay in Enschede.
1. lodge on campus
The campus of the University of Twente offers accommodation in 7 lodges, located near the sports facilities. Each lodge has room for 10-15 students. You will share a lodge with a group of students from your year. We will keep male and female seperate in the lodges. You will need to bring your own towel and bedding linen (sleeping bag/coverlet, pillowcase and fitted sheet). We offer you the option to rent bedding linen for an additional price of €8 p.p.p.n. The heating in the cabins is provided only to keep the cabins frost-free in the winter.
All bathroom facilities are housed in a separate building about 25 meters from the lodges. There are separate cubicles for ladies and gentlemen. There is a common room ('The Stall') next to the lodges where you can spend your evenings or have breakfast in the mornings. You have to arrange your own breakfast. There's a supermarket nearby. In the common room is a refrigerator for shared use, but there are no other kitchen facilities available. It takes approximately 10 minutes to walk from the lodges to campus building De Horst, where most of your lectures will be held.
- Price per night: €10,00 (no cash, only bank card) you pay per night directly to the university
- Optional: rent bedding linen for an additional €8,00 per night
2. hotel on campus: U Parkhotel
The University of Twente has also made arrangements with a hotel on campus grounds: the U Parkhotel. This hotel is situated right at the centre of campus and close to all education and sports facilities including the university library and the pool. We have reserved several double and triple comfort rooms. You can also have breakfast and/or dinner at the hotel. From the U Parkhotel it takes approximately 10 minutes to walk to campus building De Horst, where most of your lectures will be held.
- Double room: €39,75 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with one other student)
- Triple room: €35,70 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with two other students)
- Tourist tax €1,29 p.p.p.n.
- Breakfast buffet €13,50 per person per day (not included in the prices mentioned above).
The U Parkhotel has no availability in August 2019 and June 2020.
3. hotel close to campus: Hotel de Broeierd
Another option is to stay at a hotel close to campus, Fletcher Hotel De Broeierd. Campus building De Horst is a ten-minute walk from this hotel, but you can also take a bus. There are various scheduled bus services that connect the buildings on campus with each other. We have reserved double and triple rooms at Fletcher Hotel De Broeierd. You can also have breakfast and/or dinner at this hotel.
- Double room: €37,00 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with one other student)
- Triple room: €23,50 p.p.p.n. (you will share this room with two other students)
- Tourist tax €1,29 p.p.p.n.
- Breakfast buffet: €10,00 per person per day (not included in the prices mentioned above).
- De Broeierd can also offer a special for dinner for €12,50 per person (for 15 students or more, €11,50 p.p.).
4. Other options: arrange your own stay
Of course you are free to make your own arrangements for overnight stays. You can, for example, make your own reservations for single-rooms at the hotels mentioned above, book an AirBnB in the city or spend the night with family or friends. This means the University will not book an overnight stay for you.
Because you are enrolled at two universities, you will also take part in introduction activities at both universities. During the introduction part in Enschede, the University of Twente can also arrange an overnight stay for you.
Dates introduction (Kick-In) Enschede:
Please note: the introduction starts on the Monday the 26th at 09:30h. An overnight stay in Enschede on the Sunday the 25th is therefore recommended. You can find the programme on the website of the Kick-in.
The lectures at the University of Twente in Enschede will be on Thursdays and Fridays.
Please note: the lectures on Thursday start at 10.45h and on Fridays at 8.45h. This means that you have two options:
- Travel to Enschede on Thursday morning and stay overnight on Thursday evening.
- Travel on Wednesday and stay overnight on both Wednesday and Thursday evenings.
Dates lecture days in Enschede
* Please note that the very first lectures of the academic year are on a Wednesday, not a Thursday. On Wednesday 4 September the lectures will start at 08:45h. Therefore we recommend you travel to Enschede on Tuesday evening.