Holland stands out for its great inventiveness, its problem-solving attitude and its openness to the world. Studying in Holland offers you the space to be a pioneer, be creative and get connected. The more than 1,500 English-taught study programmes and courses cover a broad range of fields. All programmes and courses lead to a bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree, a diploma or certificate.
5 Reasons why studying in Holland is a great idea
- Higher education in Holland is known for its high quality
- You earn a quality degree at a comparatively low cost
- Life in Holland is not expensive compared with English-speaking countries
- Holland is at the crossroads where German, British and French cultures meet
- You don’t really need a car to get around in Holland
Learn more about what studying in Holland is like!
5 facts about the Dutch
The Dutch have some treats that can make you love them!
- 86% of the Dutch speaks English as a second language
- There are more bicycles in Holland than there are people
- The Dutch are very straightforward people and they don't like over-the-top behaviour
- Dutch society is multicultural
- Dutch people are entrepreneurs and innovators
Learn more about the Dutch!
5 Facts about the University of Twente
The University of Twente has much to offer, from our entrepreneurship to our green campus. University of Twente: a truly inspirational place to be!
- We focus on developing technology and on studying the impact technology
- The University of Twente is included in different reputable rankings and places itself among the top 1% of universities worldwide
- The University of Twente is the only true campus university of Holland.
- Our research institutes have a world class reputation in many areas.
- Kennispark Twente (with close ties to the University of Twente) is one of 7 leading Dutch innovation campuses and was voted the Best Business park in the Netherlands in 2013
Learn more about the University of Twente in Holland!